I took a couple of pictures last night while we were waiting on the babysitter to arrive. Yes, a babysitter! A non family member babysitter! It was a big night for the Wiersma household. Our regular babysitters are my mom and dad and occasionally Joseph and Tara. My friends Jessica and Tia have kept Lucas every now and then but I consider them family. I thought it was finally time to find a babysitter so we didn't have to rely on family all the time. My friend Jennifer recommended April and she was awesome! Brice was already asleep when she got here but she was great with Lucas. When she got here, Lucas was showing her around and he came up to me and said, "This is my mama, " and then went up to Jeff and said, "This is my daddy." It was so funny, it was like he was introducing us to her. He was so grown up and didn't fuss at all when we left. April said he was so good and went to bed without a problem. Jeff and I went over to some friends house with 3 other couples for dinner and games and had a great time.
What a big boy! Brice is getting better and better at sitting up!
We have a busy couple of weeks coming up! This week is full of fun stuff going on. Tomorrow night we have Open House at Lucas' school to see what they have been learning and doing. My birthday is Thursday and I'm going out to dinner with some friends to celebrate Wednesday night. Mom and Dad are coming Thursday night and Jeff and I are going out to celebrate. Then Friday, I leave to go to the beach with my dear friend Whitney to celebrate and more importantly, relax. I will miss Jeff, Lucas, and Brice so much. I can't imagine sleeping without 2 monitors right by my head!!!
Next week is all about the boys. Brice has his 6 month (6 MONTH... I can't believe it) check up next Tuesday morning. Lucas starts swimming lessons next Tuesday evening and is so excited. On Thursday, I will bring cupcakes to Lucas' class to begin the kickoff of his birthday celebration. Jeff is going to come too so that will be a special treat. Next Saturday is the big Thomas birthday party! And Sunday is a super special day because my little man will be 3 and it's Mother's Day!
WHEW! Busy, Busy but definitely fun!





1 comment:
Yay for getting a babysitter! Hope y'all had a fun night out! Have a fun bday week and a great weekend at the beach!! Love y'all!
Post a Comment