Jeff was off Friday (because he had worked the weekend before) so the Wiersma clan loaded up and headed to Charlotte, NC for some fun at Carowinds! Despite the heat, a good time was had by all. Lucas loved all the rides and that he was able to have a giant corn dog and funnel cake for lunch. What a lucky boy!

The first ride of the day was the hot air balloons! Lucas loved them. For me, it was awful. As the balloons went around and around I thought I was going to hurl. When we got off, I knew I was going to throw up. Jeff said, "Find a trashcan!". Well, I didn't make it to the trashcan! I'm not even kidding. I threw up after a kiddie ride!! Jeff was mortified. It's a funny story that I'm sure we will remember for a long time.

Do you see the joy on Lucas' face? It's because he is riding a real live train on a real live track! He was so pumped about it, we rode it twice!

Choo Choo!!! Brice rode the train too. This was the only ride he was able to go on.

Lucas sucking down his big gulp! He drank the whole thing when it was filled with Sprite and then he drank the whole thing filled with lemonade later. Sugar overload! You know it was a special occasion with Sprite, lemonade, corn dogs, and funnel cakes!

Lucas loved the swings! I was thankful I didn't have to do this one with him! haha! :)

Brice getting a nap

This ride was more my speed! Do you see the little driver behind the wheel? Lucas pretended he was driving Doc Hudson from the movie Cars. I used to love roller coasters and scary rides. I don't know what has happened to me with my old age!

That's Jeff and Lucas in the last car of the roller coaster. Do you see Lucas' hands up? So cute! He loved the roller coasters! There were two he was able to ride. We bought a picture of him and Jeff on the other roller coaster because it is hysterical! Jeff looks nervous and Lucas is smiling so big! Jeff is going to take the picture to work tomorrow to scan it so I can put it on the blog.

Lucas was knocked out within minutes of leaving the park!
We can't wait to go back to Carowinds!
1 comment:
You didn't tell me you hurled?!! Ha that's kind of funny. Did anyone see you? It looks like ya'll had a blast.
Post a Comment