Lucas had his Christmas party at school this morning and guess who was in charge??? ME! There was another mother in charge with me but her daughter has been sick with a high fever so she wasn't able to be there this morning. I have been so obsessed with this party and worrying to death about getting everything right, from the food to the craft. I got tons of awesome ideas from my friends Ginny and Libba, who teach preschool. The party was a huge success and everyone had a good time. Lucas and his classmates are so funny and it was great to spend a morning in his classroom. Jeff took the day off to study and took a 2 hour study break to come to the party as well. What a treat for Lu! The kids loved seeing Lucas' daddy.
Tuesday night, Joseph, Elizabeth, and Caroline kept the boys and I company while Jeff was at school and Tara had a Girls Night Out with her friends. Lizzie and Lucas were a huge help with the cupcakes. (making and tasting!) They sat in front of that oven watching them cook the entire time!
Lucas is ready for his party!! I think this picture is so funny. He's such a poser.
Lucas is so much bigger than all his friends!
Lucas and his friend Carter. Carter's baby sister Emma is in Brice's class!
Lucas helping Cuyler, Anna, and Katie with their candy cane reindeer. My friend Libba had told me about this craft that was so easy to do and super cute. I was walking into Publix right after I talked to her and there was a "Make Your Own Candy Cane Reindeer Kit" right in front of me! YAY! We put pipe cleaner antlers, googly eyes, and a red pom pom nose on the candy cane. The children loved it. I think I will make the candy cane reindeer a yearly tradition to do with the boys.
Everyone enjoying their special snack!





No comments:
Post a Comment